Thinking about selling? Your home is a largest investment, so finding the right Realtor is not a decision to be taken lightly. Not all agents are the same – they have different marketing strategies, personalities, communication styles, lead management, and more. It’s important to find a real estate agent that meets your specific needs and matches your individual style.
12 questions to ask before hiring a real estate agent include:
- What marketing plan do you have for selling my home?
- Do you work as an individual or team?
- What qualifications do you have to sell real estate?
- How many homes have you listed and how many have sold?
- How close to the initial list price do your listings sell for?
- Will my representation be exclusive?
- How will you determine my home’s value?
- What kind of communication can I expect?
- What is included in the brokerage fee? Who covers the cost of marketing?
- Is selling homes a full time or part time job?
- How many days, on average, does it take your listings to sell?
- Which upgrades or repairs are absolutely necessary?
These are all great interview questions for Realtors, or, if you’ve already hired someone, take the opportunity to ask your current real estate agent!
Hampton Roads Real-e-statement is written by Alyssa Godwin, a Realtor with Liz Moore and Associates. For questions regarding selling contact Alyssa at 757-329-6161 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find Alyssa on Facebook or on the web at www.lizmoore.com/alyssagodwin.