Looking to purchase your first home? Investment property? Need an upgrade? As an experienced buyer’s agent, I am here to help!
When beginning your home search, it’s important to consider your wants and your needs. I recommend creating a wish list with two categories – MUST HAVES and I WANT.
What features should I consider when buying a home?
- How many bedrooms do I need?
- What is the minimum number of baths I would consider?
- Where is the best location for me?
- Is there a specific home style I’m looking for – condominium, townhouse, single family?
- How many stories?
- Do I need a neighborhood with a homeowner’s association? Pool?
- What is the ideal age of the home?
- Type of yard, including privacy, size, fence, etc…?
- Do you have any specific needs, i.e. handicap accessibility?
- Does it have to have a garage? Attached/detached? How many spaces?
- Will I consider a flood zone?
With your wants and needs down, a Realtor can help you determine the best homes available that meet your needs. Although there are many search tools available such as Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com, they’re not always 100% accurate. The best resource out there is an agent!
Why hire an agent?
By hiring a buyer’s agent, you can be confident you are getting the best advice and guidance in professional representation. It’s important to have an advocate on your behalf to provide you with up-to-date market data, negotiate the best price and terms, access all available resources, get the seller scoop, evaluate the property, and point out strengths and weaknesses.
Who pays real estate agent fees?
In most cases the seller pays the brokerage fee for both the listing and selling agent. So why not jump at the chance to hire someone for FREE!