Looking to purchase your first home? Investment property? Need an upgrade? As an experienced buyer’s agent, I am here to help!
When beginning your home search, it’s important to consider your wants and your needs. I recommend creating a wish list with two categories – MUST HAVES and I WANT.
What features should I consider when buying a home?
- How many bedrooms do I need?
- What is the minimum number of baths I would consider?
- Where is the best location for me?
- Is there a specific home style I’m looking for – condominium, townhouse, single family?
- How many stories?
- Do I need a neighborhood with a homeowner’s association? Pool?
- What is the ideal age of the home?
- Type of yard, including privacy, size, fence, etc…?
- Do you have any specific needs, i.e. handicap accessibility?
- Does it have to have a garage? Attached/detached? How many spaces?
- Will I consider a flood zone?
With your wants and needs down, a Realtor can help you determine the best homes available that meet your needs. Although there are many search tools available such as Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com, they’re not always 100% accurate. The best resource out there is an agent!
Hampton Roads Real-e-statement is written by Alyssa Godwin, a Realtor with Liz Moore and Associates. For questions regarding buying or selling contact Alyssa at 757-329-6161 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find Alyssa on Facebook or on the web at www.lizmoore.com/alyssagodwin.