10 Things Every Seller Should Know
- What methods should be used to accurately pinpoint the value of my home? In this fast-paced market, how can I be certain that I’m getting top dollar? How often are low appraisals encountered?
- What repair issues might I face as a result of a home or termite and moisture inspection performed after I’ve already negotiated price and terms?
- Are there any fees that will be charged above and beyond the brokerage fee? If so, what will they be used for? What’s included in the brokerage fee?
- Specifically, how will my home be marketed, and how will results be measured? What types of marketing materials will be used (e.g. Will highlight sheets include room dimensions and multiple photos?)
- Will I have exclusive representation, or is it possible that my agent could be a dual agent, juggling the buyer’s interests as well as mine?
- If we encounter any legal issues during the process, will I have access to a real estate attorney at no charge?
- How will prospect inquiries from ad and sign calls be handled? What about internet leads?
- How will incoming offers on my property be analyzed to ensure that my bottom line is best protected, and that the prospective buyer is qualified to purchase?
- Who can help us with moving details such as reliable contractor referrals and utility transfers?
- What kind of communication can I expect from my agent throughout the process?
Hampton Roads Real-e-statement is written by Alyssa Godwin, a Realtor with Liz Moore and Associates. For questions regarding buying or selling contact Alyssa at 757-329-6161 or email@example.com. You can also find Alyssa on Facebook or on the web at www.lizmoore.com/alyssagodwin.