Getting started in finding your dream home can be an exciting adventure! So many home buyers now start their search online before ever consulting a Realtor. Since, let’s face it, who doesn’t want to flip through pictures all day!!!
With so many potential homes out there, a real estate agent can be a very useful tool in helping narrow down choices. Since house hunting is just a piece of the puzzle, it’s important to find an agent that will walk you through each step of the home buying experience. Some of the many tasks the (right) agent will help you with are to:
- Help you find the right house
- Advise you regarding price and terms
- Represent you in negotiations with seller and sellers agent
- Help you find and obtain suitable financing
- Assist you with home inspections and negotiating repairs
- Help you through the settlement process
- Maintain the confidentiality of your personal and financial information
- Be honest with you
- Comply with the Law
To best serve my clients, I like to schedule a buyer counseling session before previewing any homes. It’s a great opportunity, especially if you are a first-time home buyer, to get to know the local market, ask questions, and understand the steps to purchasing your new lifestyle! I walk my clients through each step from discovering specific wants and needs to the home inspection to sitting at the closing table.
Stay tuned for the next few weeks as I walk through some of the steps!
Hampton Roads Real-e-statement is written by Alyssa Godwin, a Realtor with Liz Moore and Associates. For questions regarding buying or selling contact Alyssa at 757-329-6161 or email@example.com. You can also find Alyssa on Facebook or on the web at www.lizmoore.com/alyssagodwin.