Getting prepped for the holidays can take a lot of work. Here are a few home decorating tips to keep it fun and easy!!
- Stay with one theme and style for your holiday decorating. It makes shopping for decor easier and makes your space feel professionally finished.
- Smell the holiday season with fresh potpourri and scented candles throughout your house.
- Gather the family for inexpensive family traditions such as making your own wreaths, snow globes, beaded garland, etc… For some homemade inspiration check out my “Holidays” board on Pinterest.
- Keep holiday decorations special. Make your space look different by rearrange furniture and highlighting your tree, stockings, and fireplace.
- Stick with white lights since they can be used with any color scheme.
- Bring the holiday celebration into every room. Even bathrooms are great locations for scented candles and nativity scenes.
Go big and bold! Holidays are your opportunity to have fun and be creative.
Hampton Roads Real-e-statement is written by Alyssa Godwin, a Realtor with Liz Moore and Associates. For questions regarding buying or selling contact Alyssa at 757-329-6161 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find Alyssa on Facebook or on the web at www.lizmoore.com/alyssagodwin.